Class schedule subject to change. Call today to confirm availability and reserve your spot! If you are coming for the first time, please arrive a few minutes early to complete an intake form. Expectant parents and those with children under 2 earn two dozen diapers for each new class they take. Persons arriving 10 minutes late or more will not be admitted, so please be on time!
When are the classes held?
Classes are held at various times throughout the week. Call the center to find out when the class you are interested in will be held.
Do I have to make an appointment?
Yes, please call the appropriate center for an appointment.
How much do the classes cost?
All of our services are free of charge!
Can I bring my kids?
Only if your baby is under 6 months old and does not cry or fuss during class.
4 classes on how to take care of yourself during pregnancy
Topics covered include:
- Prenatal Development and Pregnancy Self-Care (HP #1)
- Prenatal Care, Your Changing Body, and Keeping Fit (HP #2)
- Preparing for Baby and Planning for Childbirth (HP #3)
- Common Discomforts and High Blood Pressure (HP #4)
4 classes for expectant parents on how to take care of your newborn
Topics covered include:
- Newborn Appearance, Bonding, Emotional Demands, and Coping w/ Stress (BB #1)
- Breastfeeding, Bottle Feeding, and Postpartum Care (BB #2)
- Colic, Crying, and Shaken Baby Syndrome (BB #3)
- Diapering, Bathing, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome, and Preeclampsia (BB #4)
Be ready for your baby!
8 classes for parents with children under age 2
24/7 Dad Parenting
Classes taught by men for men – to help you be the best dad you can be!
Topics that are covered include:
- What it means to be a man
- The Father’s Role
- Children’s Growth
- Understanding Yourself
- Handling & Expressing Emotions
- Expectations & Children’s Development
Doctor Dads teaches dads practical skills & medical info to keep their child healthy and safe. The 4 sessions cover topics such as how to soothe a crying baby, nutrition, shots, fever & the common cold, germs, cuts & scrapes, and safety in the car, house, and yard.
Practical skills & medical info for dads to keep their child healthy and safe
- The Well Child: Understanding your child’s style, why your baby might be crying, how to soothe your crying baby, nutrition, shots
- The Sick Child: Taking your child’s temperature, fever, the common cold, germs, preventing dehydration
- The Injured Child: Burns, sunburns, drowning, cuts & scrapes, head injuries, poisoning, choking
- The Safe Child: Safety in the car, house, and yard; gun safety and parental anger
Who is Jesus, really?
8 classes of beginner Bible Study that examines the life and ministry of Jesus through the eyes of a woman.
9 classes offered by Iowa State University Extension and Outreach that focus on buying, eating, and living, healthy.